Date: August 22, 2009
It's been a full year and then some since I visited Peru. Reading through, editing, and transposing my writings to this blog has been a rewarding exercise. There is so much I had forgotten and after my recent travels to the Philippines and Hong Kong, I appreciate my Peruvian adventures even more. I would go back to Peru in a hear beat; although this time I'd spend more time in the Arequpia area, see more of the historical side of Lima, and maybe check out some of the north country. A return to Machu Picchu would be excellent, and even Huacachina would be neat to see again, but I think Nazca would not be on any future itinerary. See it once, see it quick, and get the hell out.
This trip was the most fun I have had in my life and it saddens me to think that anywhere I travel from now on will fall short of this vacation. If you are thinking about visiting Peru; do it!
Finally, I realize that I pretty much wrote a novel here. Please use my writings for inspiration, planning, etc..but respect that I spent a lot of time and effort getting my thoughts onto your screen. I don't know if copyrights are implied in writings, but I hereby declare that all of the statements on this blog (factual or semi-factual) are my own work and I call dibs on any words that I may have invented along the way. I did my best to find contact info for the restaurants and hotels we enjoyed, but good luck making any sense of the telephone numbers. With all that said, I welcome questions/comments and wish you safe travels!
Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment